Water Billing

Owners only, as identified on a property deed please complete the following forms to open a water account, Email or bring them to Town Hall.

Public Works reads the meters at the end of the month and billing is in arrears, or for the prior month’s consumption. Locations that change ownership during a billing period will receive prorated billing for consumption. Water is not disrupted because of a change in ownership.

Balance due by the last business day of the month to avoid late fee.
Payment methods for water billing include cash or check at Town Hall, US mail, monthly draft payment or online via the Town’s website.


Current water rates, per month - Effective July 1, 2023

  • Minimum bill (3,000 gallons)  $42.00
  • Additional gallons
    • 3,001 to 4,500 gallons  $.02/gal
    • 4,501 to unlimited gallons  $.05/gal
  • Water bill for well users  $15.00


Required documents:

  • New Account Application – Email to Town Clerk
  • 1 Photo ID – Upload a photo to Town Clerk
  • Monthly Draft Form - Email to Town Clerk
  • Voided Check – Upload a photo to Town Clerk
  • Security Form – Email to Police Department – Cody.Fields [at] SevenDevilsNC.gov & Town Clerk


Owners using their residence as a vacation rental/short term rental, please review the Occupancy Tax FAQ’s & forms to submit to the Town of Seven Devils.

Arrangements for billing & payment between renters and landlords do not involve the Town.

Absentee owners or citizens leaving the area for extended periods of time are encouraged to have emergency local contact.


Owners can request to have the town meter turned off/on up to 4 times within a fiscal year at no fee.

Requests exceeding this limit will be charged $50.00

When deep freeze or winter conditions are forecast, Owners are advised to give as much advanced notice as possible to request meter turn off, as Public Works staff might be prepping the Town for impending weather.

Less than 48 hours’ notice = $25.00 fee.

Owners who want the water shut off during winter can submit a request to the Town Clerk townclerk [at] SevenDevilsNC.gov


For questions about septic permits contact

Avery County:    Toe River Health District | Environmental Health Services

Watauga County:  Environmental Health – AppHealthCare

For questions about sewer contact   Carolina Water Service | My Utility